S/F Räven Anorak M
Multi-functional anorak jacket in G-1000 Lite Eco Stretch. Perfect for both bike and hike adventures.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONProduct DescriptionFjällräven's classic Räven jacket featuring Specialized's on-bike-fit to make this the perfect jacket for both biking and hiking adventures. Torso in G-1000 Lite Eco Stretch fabric for wind-resistance where it's most needed, and 4-way stretch on the back and lower sections for great freedom of movement. Reflective details on the articulated, engineered sleeves that have been optimized for bike riding.
Two-way zippered ventilation openings in the sides. Secure zippered hand pockets and inside mesh pockets that are reinforced at the bottom. Two chest pockets with snap buttons perfect for your wallet, phone etc. Easy to pull on and has an adjustable cinch at the hem. Stowable hood. Part of the Fjällräven/Specialized series for urban rides and bikepacking adventures.
- Torso in G-1000 Lite fabric, 4-way stretch on the back and lower sections
- Articulated, engineered sleeves with reflective details optimized for bike riding
- Two-way zippered ventilation openings in both sides
- Secure zippered hand pockets, inside mesh pockets, chest pockets with snap buttons
- Stowable hood
- Adaptable with Greenland Wax, Breathable, Durable, Quick-drying, Ventilation, Water-resistant, Wind resistant
- Composition Brand Material : G-1000® Lite Eco Stretch: 65% polyester, 35% cotton
- Environmental Info : Fluorocarbon-free impregnation, Organic cotton, Recycled polyester
- Material : G-1000®
- Closing: Press buttons, One-way zipper
- Clothing Layer: Outerwear
- Pockets: 5 - Chest pocket(s), Hand pocket(s)
- Weight: 555g
- Additional Instructions: wash with similar colors, do not use fabric softener
- Bleaching: do not bleach
- Drying: do not tumble dry
- Dry Cleaning: do not dry clean
- Ironing: iron 1 dot - Max 110°C
- Washing: 40°C mild process
I headed out to Wiseman's Ferry to do an 85km gravel ride on a cold morning: 5 degrees. I decided to give my new S/F Raven Anorak M (ochre) a workout. Starting the ride in what was a brisk morning I found that the Anorak took the edge off the chill. Further into the ride as I started climbing some steep gravel trails, I could modulate the temperature, using the side zipper vents. The pockets were great for stowing my phone and some energy bars. The anorak was surprisingly comfortable and I didn't notice any condensation. After 3 hours of riding the day warmed up enough to stow the anorak away.
I stopped at the Settlers Arms Inn at, St. Albans for lunch and sat outside to eat my meal. The anorak kept me warm once more. I think the Raven anorak is going to be a go-to bit of kit for future adventures. As with all Fallraven gear, the quality is superb. I am really impressed by the Fallraven/Specialized collaboration and intend to buy some of the other garments. I already have the shorts and they are fantastic, but that's another review.